OMG / Vicon
For nearly 30 years, Vicon has been a world leader in motion capture, consistently innovating to stay one step ahead in meeting the needs of clients in the Life Science, Engineering and Entertainment markets.
State-of-the-art in motion capture since 1984
Since OMG's beginnings back in 1984, Vicon has been a leader in its field, continually breaking new ground in developing different and better ways of applying motion capture technology to solving real-world problems, and making a positive impact on people's lives.Today, clients all over the world use Vicon systems for an astonishing variety of purposes - from analysing the gait of a child with cerebral palsy, through examining a cricketer's bowling action, to creating jaw-dropping visual effects in Hollywood blockbusters and best-selling video games.
Over the years, Vicon technology has won numerous awards, including an Oscar:
- iF Product Design Award 2009.
- Computing and BCS UK IT Industry Awards 2009
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, Technical Achievement Award 2005
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Primetime Emmy Awards 2002
- The Queen’s Award for International Trade 2001
- The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement 1996
Vicon has offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, Singapore and an international distributor network.
For more information visit www.vicon.com, www.moves.com and www.viconrevue.com.
Back to Companies