OMG / Vicon
For nearly 30 years, Vicon has been a world leader in motion capture, consistently innovating to stay one step ahead in meeting the needs of clients in the Life Science, Engineering and Entertainment markets.
State-of-the-art in motion capture since 1984
Since OMG's beginnings back in 1984, Vicon has been a leader in its field, continually breaking new ground in developing different and better ways of applying motion capture technology to solving real-world problems, and making a positive impact on people's lives.Today, clients all over the world use Vicon systems for an astonishing variety of purposes - from analysing the gait of a child with cerebral palsy, through examining a cricketer's bowling action, to creating jaw-dropping visual effects in Hollywood blockbusters and best-selling video games.
Over the years, Vicon technology has won numerous awards, including an Oscar:
- iF Product Design Award 2009.
- Computing and BCS UK IT Industry Awards 2009
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, Technical Achievement Award 2005
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Primetime Emmy Awards 2002
- The Queen’s Award for International Trade 2001
- The Queen’s Award for Export Achievement 1996
Vicon has offices in Oxford, Denver, Los Angeles, Singapore and an international distributor network.
For more information visit www.vicon.com.
Back to Companies